Restoration Company Red Flags for Anaheim Residents
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West the first chance to help you because we won't need a second chance to keep your business.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Point recently had the opportunity to go out to a job site in Newport Beach as a consultant for an insurance company. We arrived at the customer’s home to inspect the work of another restoration company that on been on site for several hours. The customer had a supply line to the toilet in the upstairs bathroom burst earlier that day. The water flooded the bathroom and a family room below. The carpet on both levels was soaking wet. The furniture was sitting on the soaking wet carpet.
The restoration company (Service First Restoration) had not even bothered to extract the water from the carpet or move the furniture from the carpet itself. When I asked them why, the technician in charge on site stated that the extractor was too heavy for him to lift by himself. They had sent over only one technician to the job site. I recommended to the customer to get extraction immediately. Then the story changed. The technician said he didn’t even have an extractor on his truck. He said he would use a “shop vac” to extract the water from the carpet. These "shop vacs" are cheap and inexpensive and never get the job done properly, especially for the large loss this customer was going through at this time. That should have been the first red flag for the insured. The “restoration company” didn’t even have the correct tools to correctly remove the water.
The customer also had an extensive collection of displayed Fine China and figurines worth thousands of dollars each. This is where the second red flag was waved. The restoration company didn’t do contents handling. They were going to call another company to handle it for them instead of having their own employees be trained and handle it right away.
Red Flag number three came as an extension to red flag #2; the “contents company” (Alpha) that was being brought on started talking about taking all the contents off site and wanted to bill thousands of dollars to store goods that the homeowner could have stored right on site.
After all of these red flags the customer decided she had enough and asked the other restoration company to leave. SERVPRO of Anaheim West took over the project, started extraction of the moisture from the carpet straight away with the correct equipment. Expertly packing the fine China and figurines and leaving them on site in the customer’s care and to the customer’s liking. We minimized the amount of damage and cost involved. Then we set up containment for drying and dust control and properly dried out the structure. Once this was complete, the restoration and repairs estimate was prepared and executed on time and on budget so as to benefit the customer entirely.
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call at (714)-533-1989 or contact us online here. SERVPRO of Anaheim West will make it "Like it never even happened".
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Cleans Office Space
Never a down ay at SERVPRO of Anaheim West
Our hardworking warehouse and contents cleaning crew never have down time here at SERVPRO of Anaheim West. If they are not going from job site to job site they are at our office site making sure everything is in top shape.
Our contents crew usually have a day to day of working on a variety of job sites. They will arrive to a job site and start to organize, separate and pack out contents from a person's home or office. This requires having both the knowledge and experience to be able to tell what is potentially a total loss and what can be saved. Everything from large furniture pieces to tiny Knick knacks of collectables, our crew is well informed and well prepared to handle whatever might be on site.
Once a job is packed out, we bring the contents back to our office for cleaning and/or disposal. We take every precaution to make sure that the contents are well wrapped and kept safe during the transportation from job site to our warehouse and back again. Contents are fully inspected and cleaned so upon return they are practically new. Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call for your next contents or cleaning at 714-533-1989 or visit our website here.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Does More Than Water, Fire & Mold
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call today for your appointment.
It is often that when people hear the name SERVPRO, they think one of three things: Water, Fire or mold. This is great! However, SERVPRO of Anaheim West provides a large variety of services that are often overlooked. Here are just a few of the many services we offer in hope that the next time you run into one of these issues, you will give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call.
· Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup-We are trained to clean the potential blood borne pathogens at a crime scene and have the technology to handle all the sanitation needs of a biohazard affected area. We do so in accordance to OSHA, EPA and the state and local health regulations to ensure you are safe upon return to the site.
· Contents Claim Inventory Services- SERVPRO of Anaheim West has a large storage facility to help accurately track the contents of your home or office should you wish to store items off site.
· Air Duct & HVAC Cleaning- For offices year round, rain or shine, it is important to make sure that the HVAC system is running smoothly. We have a commercial cleaning department just for the job.
· Carpet & Had Floor Cleaning-Not all water or fire damage results in having to completely remove and get new flooring. We can help determine this and if need be clean on restore on site. SERVPRO of Anaheim West uses the latest IICRC training and technology to help with a variety of flooring needs.
· Stain Removal- Not all carpet floors are created equal. We are well aware and trained for just that and with a variety of pet, child and eco friendly chemicals for cleaning, we can help remove and even provide stain resistance application to your home or office flooring.
· Odors-We help locate and remove unknown sources of odors that could come from a variety of places. SERVPRO of Anaheim West has helped remove odors involving everything from smoke damage to that of the deceased.
· Upholstery & Drapes- Not everything should be cleaned with water and soup. We are familiar with a variety of fabrics that various furniture and home décor can be made of and we made sure to take every step possible to keep out cleaning both in depth but safe to the items themselves.
These are just a few to name of the many things SERVPRO of Anaheim West has to offer our customer. We hope the next time you hear our name, you remember that there is more to us than Water, Fire and Mold. Give us a call at 714-533-1989 or contact us here.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Employee of the Month July 2016
Great job Mr. Ramon on being the SERVPRO Employee of the Month July 2016!
It doesn’t go without saying that all of our employees are hardworking individuals who strive daily to bring forth the best customer service in water/fire restoration and mold remediation. In the month of July 2016 we asked our Crew Chiefs and Project Managers to put forth the name of one of our technicians who was going above and beyond the call of SERVPRO Ready. With unanimous vote and second thought, there was a clear winner that our July Employee of the Month would be Mr. Ramon. Among the crew members the stories shared of just how far he goes to care for customers belongings and how quickly and effectively he is able to perform his work duties on the daily really made it clear that Mr. Ramon was an employee we are lucky to have. Thanks Mr. Ramon for being the hard worker you are and we hope you enjoy the special SERVPRO goodies.
What is Lurking in Your Anaheim Office Air Ducts?
Before and After your Anaheim West Air Ducts.
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that the ventilation system is often the biggest issue when it comes to poor unhealthy air quality. Most offices HVAC systems have been operating for long periods of time without any attention for maintenance or cleaning. This is a HUGE mistake, since dirty air ducts can circulate foul odors and spread contaminants such as mold and dust throughout the building.
- SERVPRO of Anaheim West provides routine inspection and cleaning services for these HVAC (Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning) systems you often don’t think twice about. Unlike many other duct cleaning services, we think about HVAC systems all the time and use a Portable Ventilation & Air Duct Clean System to help example ductwork. This allows us to provide a clean sweep to remove years and years of dust, grime, mold and dirt. The process itself is rather easy:
- The process starts with using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which will automatically adapt to any air duct shape and diameter while traveling throughout the system. It removes unwanted debris as it moves through the duct system.
- Next, we perform a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection to transfer debris out of the air ducts and into a large 16-gallon container.
- As air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, roughly 99.97% of particles are cleaned from the air stream.
- An optional process provided would be to add a sealant or coating product that can be sprayed to attack and address any foul odors or microbial concerns.
- Finally, any filters for the ducts can be either cleaned or completely removed and replaced with new filters.
It is important to understand that SERVPRO of Anaheim West offers this service with customers in mind for several preventative reasons. One includes the fact that during a fire these unclean air ducts give more fuel for the fire that is engulfing your home or office. With clean air ducts we can help give your home or office building a better chance at containing fire to a centralize location. So the next time you smell something uneasy in your home or office, give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call at (714)-533-1989 so we can schedule an air duct inspection. You can also contact us here.
To learn more about other cleaning services we offer, check out our cleaning services page here.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Services
Be sure to check these most common sources for water damage.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (714)-533-1989
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of [[Franchise Name]] has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Anaheim West
SERVPRO of Anaheim West specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Check out a list of our certifications here. Or feel free to see our SERVPRO family here.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Gives Back to Local Charities
Just a few medals won, but the bigger picture is the people we helped.
At the start of every year SERVPRO of Anaheim West lays in front of us a list of community services we would like to be involved in, either as sponsors, volunteers or organizers. With the year half over we have to go back and see our list and start checking some off. So far, we are happy to report that we have quite a few checked off our list:
- Race on the Base 2016 in Los Alamitos proved to be both exciting and helpful. Some of our employees were challenge to run in a 10K (6.2 miles) to help benefit the Wounded Warrior & Rock for Vets Charity projects through the Los Alamitos Air Force Base. Check out the pictures here.
- OC Trail Run in Irvine pushed out employees even further to help raise awareness and funds to support the Irvine Ranch Conservancy. Running a total of 7.1 miles through the trails of the Irvine wild life really helped our SERVPRO of Anaheim West employees connect with Mother Nature.
- Continuing with the theme to pushing the limits, a few of our employees ran in the Southern California Terrain Race in Lake Elsinore. It was a 5K (3.1 miles), but it included over 15 obstacles such as rope climbing, wall jumping and getting down in the dirty mud. This community services was purely driven to help promote healthy life styles for everyone in our communities.
- Finally coming back closer to home, SERVPRO of Anaheim West took part in the Los Angeles City of Anaheim Angels 5K and Fun Run to help benefit the Angel fund. The Angel fund included involvement with the improvement of Education, Healthcare, Art & Sciences and community related involvement for the youth in the Anaheim area.
- After helping kids in Anaheim we went to Long Beach to do the Wrigley River Run 10K that helped raise funds for at risk youth in the Long Beach area through the Long Beach Neighborhood Foundation (LBNF).
- Finally we recently were able to zone in on helping a community of people that is really close. The Hemophilia Walk in Los Angeles was amazing and helped to raise funds and awareness for those with various levels of Hemophilia.
We have many more community involved runs, charities and events coming up through the next couple of months, so be sure to check in on our SERVPRO team and our events here. If you would like to get involved with us feel free to contact us at 949-831-6201 or online here. We would love to be more involved with our communities in and outside the Anaheim Area.
Anaheim Board Up Leads to SERVPRO Cleaning Up Blood
Using the proper safety equipment, SERVPRO of Anaheim West is always prepared for whatever disaster is thrown our way.
Recently SERVPRO of Anaheim West was called out to a pretty standard emergency board up as part of our building services we provide. A drunk driver had driven his vehicle into the garage of a random home owner in his neighborhood. These damages from the impact caused the entire garage door to come off its railings and required a board up for the entire two car garage. Upon arrival, the vehicle was being towed; the drunk driver was being cuffed and, to SERVPRO's surprise, bandaged up. It would appear that this board up was more than just the garage; it would seem that we were now stepping onto a biohazard crime scene.
After talking with the home owners, our onsite technicians were able to explain that the needed cleaning for the blood that the driver had dropped sporadically throughout the garage, was indeed needed to be cleaned up by professionals. Blood Borne Pathogens can cause some of the highest health risk, and improper cleaning of blood can leave behind these said risks. Given that the driver was completely drunk, the alcohol in his system made his blood thinner, and it cause it to spread and spill more than the average non-inebriated citizen.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West cleaned up the blood with our pet friendly and environment friendly chemicals and upon leaving also made friends with the officers on site so if they should need our services in the future, we will be just one phone call away. We at SERVPRO provide a variety of cleaning services, and it is always an option when dealing with a variety of emergency conditions.
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call today at (714)-533-1989 or contact us online here.
When Storms or Floods hit Anaheim, SERVPRO is ready!
Whenever a storm or flood happens beyond control, we are right behind to help clean up the mess.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Anaheim, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 714-533-1989 or contact us online here.
If Your Anaheim West Home or Office Has Odor Issues, Give Us a Call
When everything smells around you, give us a call to see if SERPVRO of Anaheim West can help.
As experts in deodorization, SERVPRO of Anaheim West is trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors. These odors can come from a number of sources ranging from pet odors inside your home, to unwanted wild like pets coming from outside your home. We will help identify and locate whatever the case may be. SERVPRO teaches IICRC technical classes in the proper removal of odors. Face it, Fabreeze won’t always work and sometimes opening a window just makes it worse. By identifying and locating the odor it can often be removed over time without a trace. Our technicians have access to several odor removal products capable of penetrating surfaces to neutralize an unpleasant odor thoroughly. These same products are also environment friendly and pet safe. The next time you can’t figure out the stench that is tickling your nose, give us a call at (714)-533-1989 or contact us here.