3 Home Fire Hazards You Should Know
Here Are Three Common Sources For House Fires
After a home fire in your Southwest Anaheim, CA, residence, you may contact a local restoration service for help with fire cleaning. However, the source of the fire may still need to be found. Additionally, knowing what may cause a fire could help you prevent one in the first place. Here are three common sources for house fires you may want to know about.
1. Lit Candles
Lit candles may be one of the most common fire causes. Candles can burn down until the light the surface under them on fire, be tipped over, or clutter can be knocked into the flame. Always keep the area around the candle clear of clutter such as paper, tissues, or other flammable items. Place it on a candle holder, and never leave a lit candle unattended.
2. Unattended Stoves
It’s very important to never leave a lit stove unattended. Food can begin to burn or grease may splatter and lead to a home fire. It’s also a good idea to keep the cooking area clear of any items that may be flammable, such a food packaging or dish towels. Also keep young children or pets out of the kitchen while cooking is in progress to prevent distraction.
3. Damaged Appliances
Another thing on the list of possible fire causes is damaged appliances. This can occur in a number of ways including a damaged heating element or a frayed power cord. Issues like that can spark and cause a fire if not properly repaired by a professional. Alternatively you may wish to replace the appliance altogether.
Understanding how a home fire may start could help you protect your residence. Remember to keep an eye on any lit candles or stoves, and to check appliances for any repair or replacement needs. If a fire does occur a restoration service may be able to help with cleanup and repairs.