Cleaning Up the Black Stuff
You’ve verified there is black mold in your office building. What do you do now? The purpose of mold removal is to clear out everything which can contain mold spores and to clean it well, so mold does not continue to grow. The following are procedures you and a specialist in Southwest Anaheim, CA, will take to remove mold from your workplace.
Black Mold Remediation Process
1. You need to contact a mold remediation specialist. They will ask questions concerning your specific needs and to verify that remediation is indeed necessary.
2. A professional will come to your business to do a damage assessment. Most of the time, mold can be easily spotted. It also puts off an odor which may smell like wet socks or rotten wood. Several pieces of technology can detect mold within the walls or flooring.
3. The specialist will then set up a containment area to keep mold spores from contaminating other areas while the cleanup is taking place. There are two types of containment. Limited containment includes areas that are between 10 and 100 square feet. A full containment covers spaces larger than 100 square feet.
4. All items containing mold are removed and disposed. Throwing out drywall and carpet will thoroughly eliminate any remaining mold spores. Include other things which are porous such as paper materials.
5. Check with the mold remediation specialist to verify which items are safe to keep. The professionals have specialized techniques and equipment to clean and sanitize your office belongings.
6. The final cleanup begins. Depending on the extent of the damage the mold has caused, a restoration specialist can remove everything contaminated. They then start on the minor repairs such as replacing drywall and carpet.
Black mold is dangerous to your employees and your business. Mold cleanup is the safest route to take to protect your investment. Speaking with a company that specializes in this type of removal will give you peace of mind that you can continue with your professional endeavors.