Watch for Mold Growth in These Five Key Places in Your Home
Nobody likes to find mold in his or her home in Anaheim, CA. The nasty black stuff, as unpleasant as it may be on its own, is a red flag that there is more going on than meets the eye. By the time enough mold growth is apparent on a wall to be noticed by you, it has usually spread to or come from a number of other places.
The Top 5 Places to Look for Mold in Your Home
Mold likes to hide and get well established before rearing its ugly little head. Check these locations in your home:
1. Mold on wood surfaces hidden from view, such as studs inside a wall or floor joists can or joists, can be a serious problem. It can lead to weakened or soft spots in your floors or walls.
2. Black “stains” coming through your paint are a sign of moldy drywall. The mold can spread and crawl through an expansive area if moisture content is sufficient.
3. Window tracks collect the condensation that runs down the glass during cold weather or when humidity is being produced inside the home from cooking, laundry, or long showers. This moisture can attract molecules of mold from the air, which begin to grow in the moist environment.
4. In your vinyl flooring. Sheet vinyl or linoleum by your tub, toilet, dishwasher, or entry doors is especially susceptible to mold. These areas may frequently become wet as the water seeps in between the sealed outer layers and take weeks to dry out, allowing mold growth. The same is true for cabinet floors beneath sinks.
5. Carpet and furnishings. After flooding of any kind appears in your home, it is important to make sure things get dried out properly to prevent wet fibers and fabrics from developing mold.
Even with all of the precautions in the world mold growth can happen. It is best to call a trained mold remediation specialist in Anaheim, CA, to access the situation and help remove the mold safely, using appropriate equipment and procedures. They can restore your home and give you peace of mind.