8 Tips for Commercial Pipe Break
- Find out the source of the water leak and close the main water valve.
- In the case of significant water damage, the main electrical switch and gas lines should be shut immediately.
- The use of electrical appliances should be avoided by all means, especially when wet or standing on the wet surface.
- If there is a possibility, the fans can be switched on to circulate air that would accelerate the process of evaporation and dry the semi-wet areas. Faster air movement would help in making the area dry sooner. Air movement through other industrial tools can also be tried.
- As soon as the water loss damage is noticed, the movable property should be relocated to the drier area.
- Rugs that are wet should be removed.
- Be careful of the insects, rodents, snakes or other water triggering living beings in the surrounding, which can cause health risks.
- Wipe off the furniture clean and dry where possible.