Recent General Posts
Restoration Company Red Flags for Anaheim Residents
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West the first chance to help you because we won't need a second chance to keep your business.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Point recently had the opportunity to go out to a job site in Newport Beach as a consultant for an insurance company. We arrived at the customer’s home to inspect the work of another restoration company that on been on site for several hours. The customer had a supply line to the toilet in the upstairs bathroom burst earlier that day. The water flooded the bathroom and a family room below. The carpet on both levels was soaking wet. The furniture was sitting on the soaking wet carpet.
The restoration company (Service First Restoration) had not even bothered to extract the water from the carpet or move the furniture from the carpet itself. When I asked them why, the technician in charge on site stated that the extractor was too heavy for him to lift by himself. They had sent over only one technician to the job site. I recommended to the customer to get extraction immediately. Then the story changed. The technician said he didn’t even have an extractor on his truck. He said he would use a “shop vac” to extract the water from the carpet. These "shop vacs" are cheap and inexpensive and never get the job done properly, especially for the large loss this customer was going through at this time. That should have been the first red flag for the insured. The “restoration company” didn’t even have the correct tools to correctly remove the water.
The customer also had an extensive collection of displayed Fine China and figurines worth thousands of dollars each. This is where the second red flag was waved. The restoration company didn’t do contents handling. They were going to call another company to handle it for them instead of having their own employees be trained and handle it right away.
Red Flag number three came as an extension to red flag #2; the “contents company” (Alpha) that was being brought on started talking about taking all the contents off site and wanted to bill thousands of dollars to store goods that the homeowner could have stored right on site.
After all of these red flags the customer decided she had enough and asked the other restoration company to leave. SERVPRO of Anaheim West took over the project, started extraction of the moisture from the carpet straight away with the correct equipment. Expertly packing the fine China and figurines and leaving them on site in the customer’s care and to the customer’s liking. We minimized the amount of damage and cost involved. Then we set up containment for drying and dust control and properly dried out the structure. Once this was complete, the restoration and repairs estimate was prepared and executed on time and on budget so as to benefit the customer entirely.
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call at (714)-533-1989 or contact us online here. SERVPRO of Anaheim West will make it "Like it never even happened".
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Does More Than Water, Fire & Mold
Give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call today for your appointment.
It is often that when people hear the name SERVPRO, they think one of three things: Water, Fire or mold. This is great! However, SERVPRO of Anaheim West provides a large variety of services that are often overlooked. Here are just a few of the many services we offer in hope that the next time you run into one of these issues, you will give SERVPRO of Anaheim West a call.
· Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism Cleanup-We are trained to clean the potential blood borne pathogens at a crime scene and have the technology to handle all the sanitation needs of a biohazard affected area. We do so in accordance to OSHA, EPA and the state and local health regulations to ensure you are safe upon return to the site.
· Contents Claim Inventory Services- SERVPRO of Anaheim West has a large storage facility to help accurately track the contents of your home or office should you wish to store items off site.
· Air Duct & HVAC Cleaning- For offices year round, rain or shine, it is important to make sure that the HVAC system is running smoothly. We have a commercial cleaning department just for the job.
· Carpet & Had Floor Cleaning-Not all water or fire damage results in having to completely remove and get new flooring. We can help determine this and if need be clean on restore on site. SERVPRO of Anaheim West uses the latest IICRC training and technology to help with a variety of flooring needs.
· Stain Removal- Not all carpet floors are created equal. We are well aware and trained for just that and with a variety of pet, child and eco friendly chemicals for cleaning, we can help remove and even provide stain resistance application to your home or office flooring.
· Odors-We help locate and remove unknown sources of odors that could come from a variety of places. SERVPRO of Anaheim West has helped remove odors involving everything from smoke damage to that of the deceased.
· Upholstery & Drapes- Not everything should be cleaned with water and soup. We are familiar with a variety of fabrics that various furniture and home décor can be made of and we made sure to take every step possible to keep out cleaning both in depth but safe to the items themselves.
These are just a few to name of the many things SERVPRO of Anaheim West has to offer our customer. We hope the next time you hear our name, you remember that there is more to us than Water, Fire and Mold. Give us a call at 714-533-1989 or contact us here.
SERVPRO of Anaheim West Employee of the Month July 2016
Great job Mr. Ramon on being the SERVPRO Employee of the Month July 2016!
It doesn’t go without saying that all of our employees are hardworking individuals who strive daily to bring forth the best customer service in water/fire restoration and mold remediation. In the month of July 2016 we asked our Crew Chiefs and Project Managers to put forth the name of one of our technicians who was going above and beyond the call of SERVPRO Ready. With unanimous vote and second thought, there was a clear winner that our July Employee of the Month would be Mr. Ramon. Among the crew members the stories shared of just how far he goes to care for customers belongings and how quickly and effectively he is able to perform his work duties on the daily really made it clear that Mr. Ramon was an employee we are lucky to have. Thanks Mr. Ramon for being the hard worker you are and we hope you enjoy the special SERVPRO goodies.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Anaheim Home
Mold (top left), Water (top right), Sewage (bottom left) or Fire (bottom right)...we are trained for it all!
SERVPRO of Anaheim West is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Anaheim West
SERVPRO of Anaheim West specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet our SERVPRO family.
See our company profile.
SERVPRO Top 5 Franchise for 2016
Climbing our way to the top, one spot at a time
We are moving faster than ever by staying in the top 5 for 2016 Top Franchises from Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 List. It is always great to see that we are part of a company that is truly about growth in business by providing great work, excellent community connections and professional communications for both residential and professional emergency needs.
This list included but wasn't limited too:
Jack in the Box
And many more.
SERVPRO landed the #4 spot on this long list. It is only a matter of time until we are #1.
Check out the rest of the article here: